Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Prepaid Card & The Platypus

Yesterday, I went to the Mall with my friend, Devin. Her birthday was a few day's before, and we had failed to meet up. As a result, we went to a movie at the mall, the Karate Kid! Hai-ya!, and then shopped around for her present. I had brought along a prepaid rebate card we had received from the place I get my contacts from. As I began to purchase things, I got a bad feeling that I was misusing it. You know that feeling of handing over a fistful of bills you had worked hard for, and how it contrasts with the feeling of swiping a plastic card with a funny picture on it, then putting it back in your bag? That was the very first time I have ever felt that, and I'm not sure if I like it very much. Sure, it's really cool, but it feels almost fake in a way, like you're not actually paying for it, sort of. After getting slushies for the both of us to celebrate, I made a vow to imagine that the card was actually a bunch of bills that I was handing the check-out person. I think it worked. I didn't exceed the limit on the card, and would consider it a very successful day of shopping. I don't think I like, however, not knowing exactly how much money I have at any given point in time.
Now for the Platypus, Perry the Platypus to be exact. I will admit, right here right now, that I love cartoons. Among my favorites are: Tom&Jerry, Spongebob Squarepants (although my love is dwindling for this particular program), and Phineas&Ferb!!!! One of the coolest characters in this show is the pet of the two brothers this show is named after. His name is Perry and he is a platypus. He goes on covert spy missions to stop the notorious Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz! I did some research and found out that it is almost impossible to find a platypus, let alone own one. Believe me, I tried. Well, I guess I will just have to stick with Molly-the-Dog, Ben-the-Betta, and Ellie-the-Orchid. No Perry-the-Platypus for me then. Oh, darn!

No comments:

Post a Comment