Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Doctor Who?

Last week was Doctor Who week. Not officially, but just for me. I watched series 1-4 almost nonstop. It. Was. Awesome. My favorite is David Tennant! He's the tenth actor ever to play the Doctor. Doctor Who is the longest running program in sci-fi history, and has won the Hugo and Nebula awards. It is super huge in the UK, and I can see why. The central ideas are loneliness and sacrifice, two very intense themes. The Doctor travels around space and time protecting the earth at all costs. Whenever he gets in a very sticky situation where it becomes apparent that he will need to die to protect the earth and the human race, another person always takes his place. Since he is what is called a Time Lord (aka alien) he can regenerate when he is about to die (this is where the next actor comes in), and being the last of the Time Lords, who all died in the infamous Time War, if he died, nobody would be there to save the planet. He is apparently about 945 years old.
As you can probably tell, it's pretty intense. I suggest this show to everyone. Well, that's all I have to say about it.
-Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment