Saturday, June 26, 2010

I Have To Admit...

I have to admit that I saw it coming. How could you not, being the youngest and all. I throughly enjoyed the last year with my older sister, but with every party we went to, every time we went out to eat, the looming separation hung over me. In the last couple weeks when frantic packing ensued, I was in a mild state of shock. When I was offered the chance to drive up to Utah with her and come back down a few days later with Mom, I had to think about it. I decided to go up, even if it was just to help out with the moving process (and hang some of Lindsay's awesome friends). Consequently, Dad was left all alone on Father's day, but I had cooked him a steak dinner a couple nights before, so I didn't feel too bad.
Just to be clear, this is not a sympathy blog. All I aim to do is to stay connected with my brothers and sisters (And my cute little niece, incoming nephew, and their mother). Please join me on a journey no Esplin has seen before (at least not from our family that is). The Diary of a Lonely Kid! Just kidding. I welcome you all to It's Gotta Get Worse for a Day!!!

BTW: The name is derived from a song by Bishop Allen called Rain. The entire phrase is "If it's ever gonna get any better (which you will notice is in the URL), it's gotta get worse for a day." So don't give me flack.

No comments:

Post a Comment